We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
- Beef Tenderloin – mashed potatoes, veggies, whiskey sauce 19.95
- Duck Confit Salad – gathered greens, balsamic vinaigrette, blueberry gastrique 15.95
- Braised Lamb Shank – mashed potatoes, veggies, dijon mustard sauce 15.95
- Short Rib – mashed potatoes, veggies, peppercorn sauce 16.95
- Pork Cutlette – mashed potatoes, veggies, mushroom sauce 15.95
- Sockeye Salmon Shrimp Neptune – rice, veggies, tomato butter 15.95
- Louisiana Seafood Pasta – chorizo, garlic toast 14.95
- Thai Basil Chicken Stir fry 13.95
Soups: fish or vegetable bean barley
Desserts: chocolate cake 6 apple pie a la mode 6
Phone: 604 876 3620
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6