We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
- Steak n’ Fries – veggies, peppercorn sauce $22
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich – gochujang, fries $16
- Stuffed Chicken – caramelized onions, dates, wild mushroom cream sauce $19
- Lamb Shank – mashed potatoes, veggies, au jus $22
- Spaghetti Meat Balls – meat sauce, garlic toast $18
- Sockeye Salmon Almandine – rice, veggies, buttered almonds $21
- Black Bean Chicken n’ Prawns Stir fry $17
A. House Chow Mein – bbq pork, chicken, prawns, asian vegetables, egg noodles $18
B. Chicken Chili Con Queso – stewed peppers, cheesy sauce, avocado, rice or fries $18
C. Spaghetti Bolognese – meat sauce, garlic toast $17
D. Spicy Lamb – julienne bell peppers, jalapeños, rice $17
E. Roasted Turkey Clubhouse – bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, butter, fries $16
F. Argo’s Best Burger – ground chuck, bacon, cheese, fried onions, fried egg, fries $16
Soup: sun choke-broccoli or curry lentil
Desserts: Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Cake 7 BC Organic Apple Pie 7 Butter Tart 5 Cheese Tart 6
1 litre Meat Sauce 13
1 litre Meat Balls 13
1 litre Seafood Bisque 15
1/2 litre lobster bisque 12
1/2 litre Beef Stew 16
You Bake Vegetable Lasagna $24
You Bake Beef Lasagna $27
Soups: 9 each or 3/21
split pea ham
cream of chicken