We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
- N.Y. Steak – mashed potatoes, veggies, peppercorn sauce 16.95
- Duck Confit Salad – gathered greens, blueberry compote 15.95
- Beef Stew – mashed potatoes 14.95
- Braised Lamb Shank – mashed potatoes, veggies, dijon mustard 15.95
- Panko Crusted Ling Cod – rice, veggies, avocado salsa 16.95
- Sockeye Salmon – rice, veggies, tomato butter 15.95
- Chorizo, Italian, Turkey Sausage n’ Prawn Pasta – garlic toast 14.95
- General Tao’s Chicken Stir fry 13.95
Soups: vegetable or split pea
Phone: 604 876 3620
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6