We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
Happy Chinese New Year…ringing in The Year of the Rat!
- NY Steak – mashed potatoes, veggies, peppercorn sauce 16.95
- Braised Lamb Shank – mashed potatoes, veggies, au jus, garlic sauce 18.95
- Duck Confit – mashed potatoes, veggies, orange glaze 15.95
- Short Rib Alfredo Pasta – cream sauce, garlic toast 17.95
- Pork Loin – mashed potatoes, veggies, mushroom sauce 15.95
- Sockeye Salmon Almandine – rice, veggies, buttered almonds 16.95
- Rock Fish n’ Chips – lightly battered, slaw, tartar sauce 14.95
- Black Bean Chicken Stir fry 13.95
Soups: lamb beef broth or cream of celery chicken
Phone: 604 876 3620
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6