We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
- Herb Crusted Ling Cod – rice, veggies, basil lemon butter 16.95
- Sockeye Salmon Almandine – rice, veggies, almonds, butter 16.95
- Blackened Albacore Tuna Salad – wasabi potatoes, goodies, house vinaigrette 15.95
- Chicken Breast – mashed potatoes, veggies, bacon pea cream sauce 15.95
- Pork Loin – onion corn bread, veggies, bbq sauce 15.95
- Meat Loaf – mashed potatoes, veggies, tomato sauce 15.95
- Chorizo Pasta – rose sauce, garlic toast 14.95
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Stir fry 13.95
Soups: lamb beef barley or seafood tomato dill
Desserts: deconstructed cheesecake bc strawberries 6 apple pie 6 chocolate brownie 6
Phone: 604 876 3620
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6