We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
- NY Steak – mashed potatoes, veggies, peppercorn sauce 16.95
- Pork Cutlet – mashed potatoes, veggies, mushroom sauce 15.95
- Braised Lamb Shank – mashed potatoes, veggies, au jus, garlic sauce 18.95
- Mac n’ Beef – baked 4cheeses, cream sauce, garlic toast 16.95
- Duck Confit – mashed potatoes, veggies, orange glaze 15.95
- Sockeye Salmon – rice, veggies, avocado sauce 16.95
- Cajun Rockfish – rice, veggies, green tomato relish 14.95
- Sweet Chili Chicken Stir fry 13.95
Soups: shellfish chowder or chickpea vegetable
Phone: 604 876 3620
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6