We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
- Steak & Prawns – ancho chili sauce, rice and veggies – $17.95
- Grilled Halibut – strawberry butter sauce, rice and veggies – $17.95
- Duck Confit – orange sauce, mash potatoes and veggies – $17.95
- Lamb Chops – mint cucumber yogurt, fries and salad – $17.95
- Salmon & Rockfish Combo – lobster bisque, rice and veggies – $16.95
- Argo Burger – double patty, cheese, fried egg and french fries – $13.95
SOUP: Cream of Tomato
Carrot Cake – $5.00
Creme Caramel – $4.00
Sweet Potato Coconut Cream Pie – $5.00
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Open Thursday & Friday for dinner
5pm till 10pm!
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6