We are a diner that has been around since 1954 and has since evolved.
Sometime in 2004, Chef Denis Larouche and brother in-law Kirby Wong came together and turned this greasy spoon into something like no other in Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of dishes from grilled cheese sandwiches, real beef burgers (unprocessed), and roasted turkey clubhouse to a sesame crusted tuna papaya salad, sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce to even full sized salad meals. This is “slow food, FAST!!!” All for an affordable price.
Downtown food, at an East Van price.
A must try is our conqueso, hand cut fries, carbonara, and the complimentary soup that comes with every meal.
** Please be advised, we will be closed as of Thursday (June 30) @ 4PM and re-opening Tuesday (July 5). **
- Tennessee Pork Hock – corn bread, mash potatoes & veggies $13.95
- Wasabi n’ Sesame Seed crusted Albacore Tuna Salad – oriental dressing & goodies on organic greens $15.95
- Flat Iron Steak – onion sauce, mash potatoes & veggies $14.95
- Braised Short Ribs – mushroom sauce, mash potatoes & veggies $15.95
- Duck Confit – peppercorn sauce, mash potatoes & veggies $14.95
- Grilled Halibut – chipotle butter, jasmine rice & veggies $16.95
- Sockeye Salmon Burger n’ Fries – tartar sauce & cole slaw $14.95
- Panko crusted Rockfish – tomato sauce, jasmine rice & veggies $14.95
- Seafood Carbonara – bacon egg cream sauce & garlic toast $14.95
- Butter Chicken on Rice $13.95
Soups: Seafood Chowder (cream) or Turkey Vegetable
- Okanagan Keremeos Cherry Pie … $5.00 (add ice cream $1.00)
- Crème Caramel … $4.00
- Tiramisu … $4.00
OMG where have you been all my life? I am ashamed to say that a foodie like myself just discovered this place today.Shila B.
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast Daily 7am-11am
Lunch Daily 11am-4pm
General hours: 7am – 4pm
Brunch from 8am till 2pm on Saturdays
Open Thursday & Friday for dinner
5pm till 10pm!
Cash & Debit Only
1836 Ontario Street
Vancouver, BC V5T2W6